Saturday, October 22, 2011

Tool #10 - Underneath it All - Digital Citizenship

1. Three of the most important things students should understand about being good digital citizens are:
  • Do not share personal information and visit only appropriate sites.
  • Respect others on the Internet and be appropriate.
  • Once you post something, it's permanent. Don't post anything you wouldn't want your mama to read.
2. There's a a link to a useful site on the SBISD Ed Tech site called Digital Citizenship. There are a couple of useful "contracts" for both students and parents that emphasize the importance of proper digital citizenship. I will use these contracts to discuss expectations with my students; then I'll send them home for parents to read and sign.  

3.  With students, I would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship by using the Child Pledge for Digital Citizenship I found on the Digital Citizenship site. 

4.  To share this idea with parents I would use the Parent Pledge for Digital Citizenship found on the Digital Citizenship site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment